Last updated 23/06/2023
Nu-tech Engineering Services Ltd is the Data Controller of the personal information we collect and process in order to manage our business and meet our legal and contractual obligations. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Company Name: Nu-tech Engineering Services Ltd
Our address is: Unit 10 Compton Business Park, Thrush Road, Poole, BH12 4FJ
Company Number: 01842333
1. The Data we collect about you
Nu-tech Engineering processes the following categories of personal data –
- Identity data: name, business name, job title;
- Contact data: phone number, mailing address, billing address, delivery address, email address;
- Financial data: bank account and card details;
- Transaction data: details about payments to and from you and other details of products and/or services you have purchased from us
2. How and why we use your personal data
Nu-tech Engineering processes your personal data based on the following lawful bases :-
a. To Perform a Contract
Nu-tech Engineering processes your personal data for the following purposes in order to perform our contractual obligations to you –
- processing the orders that you place with us for goods and services;
- processing your payments to us; and
- notifying you about the status of your purchases.
b. Based on our Legitimate Interests
Nu-tech Engineering also processes your personal data based on Nu-tech Engineering’s legitimate interest in –
- maintaining a record of customers who have purchased from us for as long as we determine is reasonably necessary to operate our business efficiently by balancing the risks of long-term storage of personal data against the costs of deleting personal data which may be useful for efficiently conducting future business;
- keeping accurate financial records for accounting and audit purposes; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
3. Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on secure systems and in facilities owned or operated by Nu-tech Engineering or those of our approved third-party suppliers.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
4. Sharing your personal data
Nu-tech Engineering will not sell or swap your information with any third party. In accordance with applicable law, and only when such disclosure is necessary to enable our service providers to deliver the contracted services, Nu-tech Engineering will share personal information with –
- Third parties we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you i.e. payment service providers, delivery companies and other trusted business partners
- Our banks
We or the third parties above may occasionally also need to share personal data with –
- External auditors, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- Professional advisors, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- Law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies
- Other parties in connection with significant corporate transaction or restructuring, including merger acquisition, asset sale nor in the event of our insolvency, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- We are required to share your personal information with other members of our group, which means our subsidiaries and group companies;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with your instructions.
5. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to –
- Access your personal data;
- Correct inaccurate personal data or update it is required;
- Request deletion or destruction of your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, if (a) it is no longer necessary for us to process your personal information for the purpose for which it was originally collected or (b) you withdraw your consent to our processing or (c) your personal information has been unlawfully processed or (d) it is necessary to erase your personal information for compliance with applicable law;
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Request the transfer of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal information;
- Withdraw consent at any time to our processing of your personal data; and
- Stop your data being used for direct marketing purposes.
6. How to contact us
If you want to exercise any of your legal rights, or if you have any questions about Nu-tech Engineering’s processing of your personal data, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01202 724100.